Sunday, March 16, 2014

OK, God, What's Next?

Spring is here, green small leaves on the trees, daffodils up, bright yellow faces turning towards the sun. I have have made it through the winter. The long, slow days of darkened skies, driving home from work with blackened streets, wet with the rains of a hundred winter days, cold, drear with the seeming death of life coating everything with the gray sameness.

So, here I am, weary, worn, and aging. I am however, safe, fed and warm. So much to be grateful for. On the rainy Sunday night, I still am wishing that tomorrow I will wake up, excited about life, and filled with a sense of renewal of purpose. I am still alive and Spring is here and I am eager to see, hopefully the unfolding of God's plans for my life, golden years and all aside. No one can see their future, but I continue to believe that God is full of love and kindness and comfort. Whether that comfort comes as a result of my rethinking the meaning of life as I had expected; or whether that comfort comes as a result of finding new meaning in life I do not know.
    I only know, it is Spring and I joy to see the spring, growth greenery. I drink in the fresh earth smells and I joy to experience the lengthening of days, spelled out in the routines life entwined with eternal purposes.
   Teach me to know the number of my days......... so that I will apply my heart unto wisdom.  Psalms 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment