Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 38 Time Flys When You're Having Fun

Recently as I've been doing fun, active things every day, I've spent less time writing. I haven't forgotten, it's just that I'm discoverying a part of me I'd ignored for a while. Hiking, bike riding, beach-combing are are becoming a part of who I once was, and am again: an active participant in the world of motion.

I feel so healthy at present, I reveal in the strength and endurance I am discovering after only a couple weeks of moving more. I feel happy that I am moving forward in my goal of becoming fit.


As I exercise, I actually want less food and find making healthier choices isn't as difficult as it was in the beginning some 40 days ago.

Spiritually, I continue to feed my spirit with positive words written by other fellow travelers and I include reading my Bible. I continue to pray on my long commute that as my outward body is being renewed so my spirit will continue to be renewed, improved, and refreshed.

Last night, I rode my bike on a trail along the Columbia River. Light breezes came off the water as the day wound down into a brillant orange sunset. Each day I move, I am stronger, delighted that at age 62 I can still enjoy the pursuits of my youth.


There is a promise in the Bible in Psalms that says, Even in old age you will bear fruit. Well, I'm old in years, but God has granted me the priviledge of continuing to help others. What a blessing to continue to be useful, and now strong!

To all of you this day, may you discover your purpose and plan; may you rediscover your desire to be healthy and strong, cherishing every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment